|May 30, 2013 - June 24, 2013|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||2-1-1 San Diego is on the front lines of social needs & services, and has tremendous data & stories to tell. We want an experienced storyteller who will recognize the value of each nugget of information we generate and be able to picture exactly where it should be offered to the public: whether on social media, in a social graphic, to existing news media or in some other form. Skills with storytelling, a good design sense, knowledge of the latest ways people are making information spread and a willingness to try new things are important.|
The Communications Manager will manage the implementation of various communication initiatives that help generate greater understanding and awareness of 2-1-1 San Diego and its mission. Primary responsibilities would include developing & publishing new content that supports & translates our data & messages into stories applicable in all relevant communication platforms (print, electronic, web, social media, public outreach).
|Duties:||Marketing & Communications:|
• Coordinate & implement 2-1-1's strategic marketing & communications plan to promote the 2-1-1 brand in the community, in conjunction with 2-1-1 teams and our external Public Relations Consultants.
• Share key messages about 2-1-1 San Diego through all established communications tools. Serve as company spokesperson as necessary.
• Work with staff & contractors to build, brand and utilize the 2-1-1 website to promote all services to various audiences & stakeholders.
• Support the Chief of Staff & Executive Team in connecting with and responding to news media. This includes drafting news releases, responding to media inquiries, proactively pitching stories and planning news conferences.
• Create printed & electronic collateral materials and press kits. Manage daily marketing & communications tactics including writing, developing, and editing content of various marketing components including annual reports, newsletters, brochures, and other informational packets.
• Coordinate the implementation of the agency's social media plan. Ensure that all 2-1-1's social media initiatives are tied to the overall strategic communications plan and help achieve greater awareness, understanding and support of the organization.
• Using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and blogging to promote the 2-1-1 brand, build awareness of 2-1-1's services, accomplishments and position in the community by leveraging internal & external resources to support the social media initiatives.
• Support the Executive Team in planning and holding special events, including the Annual 2-1-1 Connections Luncheon, by assisting in the logistics & organization of all event planning, managing the design/print process for all event-related marketing materials, and managing all event sponsor relations/fulfillment.
|Qualifications:||BA degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications or related field preferred.
Minimum five years of demonstrated experience working in public relations or marketing, and at least two years of experience in event planning.
Demonstrated excellent communication skills including writing, editing, design and proofreading skills. Knowledge of AP style is beneficial.
Demonstrated skills in coordinating social media platforms. Experience in contact database management (especially Salesforce) a plus.
Demonstrated ability to track multiple projects & manage multiple priorities, exercise tact & good judgement, and the ability to work in a high-paced environment.
A high level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Prezi.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.